Tuesday, July 1, 2008

By Request--The Deluxe Clubhouse



Okay, sit right down and I'll tell you a story. Ready? Here we go. So last summer, Mighty M called me up from work and said that his work had a shed that they didn't want anymore and was having a silent auction to get rid of it and what did I think? Well, we talked about it for a bit and then decided that we had some other things we had to get at that time, but maybe next time. So that was the end of the shed story, or so I thought (Yeah, you can see where this is heading...). About a week later, out of curiosity, I asked him, "So what happened with that shed? How much did it finally go for?" to which he replied, "You know, that's a funny story...."

It turns out he put in a bid just to see what would happen and he ended up winning it by like $20 over the next highest bid. We decided it was so meant to be and now were the proud owners of a "new" shed (please see the "before" photo of "new" shed).

We decided to make it into a clubhouse for the kids (a super deluxe awesome clubhouse, mind you) but it was getting on into Fall and we didn't want to fix it up only to have it sit all winter. So a few weeks ago, after the snow and rain and more snow and more rain stopped, the official work on the deluxe clubhouse commenced.

AND IT'S AWESOME!!! (Please see super deluxe awesome "after" photo of clubhouse--I'll post an inside one as soon as I take one here in a minute--minus the kids in it). We still have to find a little piece of carpet for it, but I'm not going near that until we get grass in our yard. I'm also looking for some old comfy chairs to put in there because you just can't lounge on wicker--and I'm going to make matching curtains. It's wired inside for electricity so we're going to get that going, too. It's also wired for a phone. Because you just never know when you'll miss that all-important phone call if you're in the shed. I'm also going to paint the porch (also, after the grass is in) and put little gardens on the side. And maybe some windowboxes with flowers in them. And maybe a little flagstone patio with a cafe set. And add a bathroom on the side, an air conditioner, a fridge, a closet, some hammocks, and....

So last Saturday, the kids had their first official "late-over" in it. We rented a movie and Smarty invited a friend over and they all went in the clubhouse and partied. Mighty M and I sat on the couches in the living room and after a few minutes of complete silence in the house, declared the clubhouse idea as being "SHEER GENIUS!!!!!"

Do you think having an open house for our neighbors to admire it is a bit much?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVES IT!!! I wan to have a late over!

Okay for new background go to:

www.thecutestblogontheblock.com

They are free and darling. You just follow the easy directons and you're in business!

I sure hope to see you on the 12th! Work it out someway, Please?

Bonnie the Boss said...

Adorable club house!!! I definatly think it is worth it.
Funny post BTW.

Bonnie the Boss said...

Sorry me again. Love the new look! So cute.

Kristina said...

Wow! It's out of control. :) It's way awesome, though. No wonder Mom said you needed to send me a picture. You need to come visit us someday and motivate me to do all sorts of craftiness. :) I like your blog background, by the way. Are you guys doing anything fun for the 4th of July?

TB said...

Doesn't this project:

"Eat lots of pizza"

conflict with this project:

"Get down to High School/College Weight (10 more lbs.!)"

a wee bit?

Just sayin'. ;)

Becka Thomas said...

It is awesome! I had no idea. It is a good thing you started this blog because no one tells us anything. I know more of what is going on in Kris's life then anyone else's. I can't wait for the kids to come crash in the club house. Maybe next weekend!

April said...

It's the most beautiful super deluxe clubhouse EVER! I so want to come play in it. We could have a tea party!!

Monte said...

This is the coolest playhouse ever. How did you even do that? It's amazing! Don't you even tell me you did that yourself.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your new background! Good choice!!! :)