Okay. We need to talk about breakfast. I have to admit--I'm not a big hot breakfast fan. To make it or to eat it. Oh, I enjoy the occasional bacon, eggs and waffles, and sometimes I'm okay with oatmeal. But really, pour me a nice bowl of Fruit Loops and I'm good for starting my day. I think it might be simply because I'm not a morning person. So if you call my house before 8:00 or 8:30, I'll be up (most of the time), but don't be expecting any complete sentences coming from me. Or for me to actually remember that we had a conversation. Just an advanced warning for you. So naturally, a hot breakfast requires a big commitment out of me and my stomach at a time when I'm not quite ready to fulfill that responsibility.
Now cold cereal--that's a whole 'nother story. Morning, noon, night, whenever--I'm always up for grabbing me a piece of that Cold Cereal Action. I list among my favorites: Fruit Loops, Blueberry Morning, Fruity Pebbles (which I refuse to buy for the kids because those things are like cement when they dry on the bowls, but still, they're decently yummy), Rice Chex, Kix (they really are kid-tested and mother-approved!), Frankenberry, and Lucky Charms. I used to love Cap'n Crunch (with Crunchberries) until I went on a 40 Day Sugar Fast on my mission and ended it on my 22nd birthday. An Elder from my mission (who was from England) had his mom get me some Cap'n Crunch (w/CBs) from a nearby American base for my birthday. So I ended the 40 Day Sugar Fast by eating the Cap'n Crunch (w/CBs) and two birthday cakes made for me by friends. Oh, I STILL get a stomachache when I think about that day...and haven't enjoyed Cap'n Crunch (w/CBs) with quite as much vigor since...
So a few nights ago, I was talking to Mighty M, as I was enjoying a bowl of Rice Chex, and I asked him, "If you were stuck on a deserted island and you could eat just one cereal for the rest of your life, what would it be?"
He started thinking really hard and began saying, "Well, for nutritional value--" which is where I cut him off and said, "Oh, there are lots of fruit on the island--bananas, pineapples, mangos--and an Arby's. So you don't have to worry about nutrition." So he finally settled on "S'mores" cereal, which is a fine choice, I must say.
Me? I didn't even have to think about it. Frankenberry cereal. Hands down. It rocks my Cereal World. I love the strawberry flavor. I love the cute, yet yummy, little Frankenstein-head-shaped marshmallows. I love the way it turns my remaining milk to strawberry milk--providing an additional treat at the end of my cereal. And I love that I can only find it in October, which is when my birthday is--and we ALL know how much I love my birthday! I look at it as the Land of Cereal's birthday present to me.
So I'm opening up the question to all of you: Which cereal would you choose as your island treat for life?
5 comments:
How could you possibly eat Frankenberry for your entire life. I think the sugar overload would do me in. I am so lame but I would have cherrios. Nothing cool but not sweet.
...and I think the quote is Shrek 2 but it could be the third.
...and 'nother should definitely be added to your list of words that you would swear are real words.
I'd go with Rice Chex. Lame, I know, but they're soooooo good. Wait, or granola. That's way good, too. I also really like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but the milk is way to sugary afterwards, so I can't drink it then I feel like I'm waisting milk.
Josh said he would choose Raisin Nut Bran.
Yes, the quote IS from Shrek II
Cereal, not much of a fan, but I must concure with your statement about Fruity Pebbles being like cement!!! My children LOVE them, but I WILL NOT BUY them just for that fact!
I guess I would have to say either Raisin Bran or Frosted Flakes...Granola is Awesome, too! :)
I would have to say Select Great Grains with Raisins, Dates, and Pecans. Does that sound too healthy? I usually put a banana, some Craisins or some frozen blueberries in it also. I just can't stand eating sweet cereal anymore. I can, however, eat practically anything else made of chocolate at any time of the day or night.
As to quotes: I don't recognize any of your quotes, because I rarely watch any movies. Now if you quoted some famous statesman or General Authority, that would be different. Just kidding!
You have to understand I do not have the same feelings about cereal as you.
I will not eat it in a bowl with milk! Ick. Cold and dry as a snack, that is more my style.
Oh's are my very all time favorite. They are super crunchy and have a yummy graham cracker center!
Post a Comment