Okay, so I'm feeling a little "quotey" today, thus the title quote. Oh, who am I kidding. When am I ever NOT feeling quotey. I've always got some quote on the tip of my brain. Unless I'm trying to pull one up from the list of 400 that my group of friends had in high school. For some reason, I'm high-school-quote-impaired right now. I thought I was just only losing my short-term memory.....now, what was I saying? Oh yeah--
Yesterday Mighty M and I went to a little mini-high school reunion in The Big City. I'm always nervous about reunions before I go, but then end up having a great time. And yesterday I did have a great time. There were about 15-20 of us that met at a restaurant down there and it was just a big old party talking to my friends that I hadn't seen for 19 years (most of them). Living in The Valley kinda keeps me from running into old high school friends at the Mall these days so it was really nice to have this party planned. Thanks to those who did it!!!!
So I've been thinking about high school all day today and all the good people I knew. And how they touched my life back then and probably didn't even realize it. I can think of so many good qualities of each of my friends--things that I want to remember them by. And then I wondered what people remembered me for. There's the obvious--how hot I looked as I rocked those acid-washed jeans, and how perfectly styled and permed my 80's 'do always was, thanks to my excellent use of hairspray. But I was really wondering what (if any) good things people remembered me for...
...and then I started thinking about pizza.
Mmmmmmm.....pizza.......
4 comments:
Lisa, Lisa!!!! It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Good to see you again! I think we should get our families together, somehow! It would be so fun. You look amazing! Now that I saw you I want to see you some more!
Isn't it great to be back in touch with everyone again!
"Dream Dream Dream When I want you..." Ha ha ha!
Love,
The Other Lisa
OK...I just finished reading the first page of published blog and I must say, BRAVO! I am still laughing about the balloon. Typical, adventurous child. I can't honestly say I remember having any classes with you in high school (seminary or english possibly), but if I did, I wish I knew then how funny and articulate you are. Your blogs are wonderful. I have very much enjoyed browsing them and look forward to many more. Thank you for sharing your insight, humor and family with us.
Brandon
Thanks, Brandon, now Lisa will spend EVERY waking minute writing on her blog, instead of just every other one! Did you HAVE to encourage her? She's NEVER going to get her basement done or her list of to-do things finished. Actually, I'm enjoying reading it, too. She gets her talent and humor and family from me (her mother.) :)
Oh, you're totally welcome to encourage me, Brandon! And really, what's more important--a well-read and encouraged blog, or that my oldest daughter has her own room? It's all about priorities.
Post a Comment