So I was all set to write you an extensively detailed and completely comprehensive list of every Acting Camp activity we've had during Week #1 for your reading enjoyment. However, after Acting Camp was finished today, my Unsuspecting Helpers (Christy and Stacie, who are quickly becoming my "Suspecting Helpers") and I wrote a big list of costumes we needed to get, went the the thrift store (finding many, many costume treasures, I might add) and then I came home to find that Sassy's thumb somewhat resembled a grape in size and color. She had slammed it in the car door this afternoon and I had kissed it better and ignored it until this evening when it was obvious it needed a little more than Mommy's kiss. Oh, Mother of the Year Award, when shall I ever deserve you?
So after a few hours at Instacare to find out that her thumb probably wasn't broken but they weren't quite sure about one spot and needed the radiologist to look at it to be positive--but she still needed it in a splint for at least a few days--I came home once again and seem to be exhausted for some reason. So instead of the above-mentioned list, I offer you, my good friends, an Acting Camp poem written in the form that was taught in Silly's 3rd grade class:
Acting Camp Activities: Week #1
Assigned parts for the play
Costumes designed
Taught pantomime, improv, characters, costumes, scenery, props
Improv game favorite: Bus Stop. 2nd favorite: Stinky Bus Stop
No place to hold the actual play yet--working on it
Games, games, and more acting games
Costumes have mostly been found from thrift store
Absolutely nothing is coming to mind that starts with A
Many meetings with me and my most magnificent minions (okay, "helpers" is perhaps a better word, but I'm going for alliteration here, guys)
Props decided and now need to be gathered as well as scenery painted
Hey, I didn't say it was going to be a good poem.
No comments:
Post a Comment