Here are just a few of my profound statements uttered in the past two weeks:
"Oh, that won't be too hard."
I said this simple phrase to Christy and Stacie many, many times over the past two weeks. And I was usually right--the projects weren't too hard. Just really, really, really time-consuming.
"Dollar Stores were made for me and my projects."
I am constantly amazed at what I can find at the dollar store when I'm working on a project. For example, while searching for just the right props or costumes for our play I found much of what we needed at the dollar store (we have two here!) From 3 pink fuzzy boas with matching pink purses to rappers' bling--including sunglasses in the shape of $$ signs--how cool is that? I might just wear them to the Mall. Ooooh! Or the first day of school just to up the embarrassment of my kids. Along with the red fuzzy hat. Thanks, dollar store!
"Too bad it's not the 80's."
Ahhhh...the 80's. A decade that was so useful in providing us with costume staples. It's just too bad we can't find most of these things 20 years later. As we were going over the costumes list, I found myself lamenting "Too bad it's not the 80's." much more than you'd think. From colored tights to black lacy gloves--if only we lived in the 80's I could probably find them at the dollar store.
No comments:
Post a Comment