Friday, November 28, 2008

Yes, It's A True Conversation.


A true conversation that happened only moments ago:

Mighty M: (returning from various places, including the post office where our latest Netflix rental just arrived) Hey, does anyone want to watch The Monkees?

Smarty: The WHAT?

Mighty M: The Monkees.

Silly: Is that like "The Birds"?

Me: No, it's nothing like "The Birds". The Monkees are awesome and funny. "The Birds" was creeeeeeepy.

Smarty: The WHAT?

Me: The Monkees.

Smarty: What are The Monkees?

Me: Those little furry animals that live in trees...

Smarty: Mom.... (in an eye-rolling sort of way)

Me: It's a show that I used to watch when I was little.

Silly: Was it in black and white?

Me: ...no.... (sigh)

1 comment:

Becka Thomas said...

You can tell a lot about someone by which Monkee they had a crush on. I always like Michael Nesmith and Candie always liked Peter.