
Yesterday was our church's annual Primary Program. The kids ages 3-12 got to sing and speak during our sacrament meeting. It's always so entertaining and I have to admit that my kids provide their good share of the entertainment. Whether it was the year that Smarty and her friend were having "pop-up" contests to see who could pop-up out of their chair the fastest, or the year that Silly's class was supposed to all sing a song together that they had learned and Silly ended up grabbing the microphone and singing directly into it the entire time so his loud and proud voice was the only thing you could hear (he actually sounded pretty good, thank goodness), watching my kids during the program never fails to keep me from laughing. A lot. And hard.
This year, Sassy decided that she was going to rock the Primary's fashion world by wearing some stunningly beautiful long white gloves. Think Ginger from "Gilligan's Island" long white gloves. I just figured "Why not?" Some things are just not worth worrying about. And are funny. So there she was, long white gloves dangling off her fingers (oh, did I mention they were adult-sized long white gloves?), admiring how dainty her hands looked all throughout the program. Sometimes holding them outstretched for a better look, sometimes running her gloved fingers through her long, blond hair. The best part, however, was when they all sang a song they had learned with sign language and her little hands in their gloves were just flying all over the place trying to keep up.
I'm so glad I didn't deny myself of this memory and really, really good laugh by making her take them off.
1 comment:
You have such a great personality! How great that you can laugh at that. I'm usually the Mom in the back giving the death look and trying to get them to be good. You've inspired me, our program is on Sunday and I'm going to try harder to find the humor in it.
Post a Comment