Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ahhhhhhhh....High School.

Okay, Kris--I'm stealing this from you because I've got tons to do and can't think of my own blog today. Plus, high school was fun.

1.
DID YOU HAVE A JOB IN HIGH SCHOOL? I had one for a little bit my junior year. When I started my senior year I got way too busy with school and had to quit.
2.WHAT KIND OF CAR DID YOU DRIVE? I can't even remember what kind of car it was, but it was AWESOME! And, like, totally rad. It was light blue and named Sid. I was so excited at the beginning of my senior year because my brother had finally left on his mission and I got Sid all to myself. About a month or two into the school year, Sid broke down completely so I drove my dad's awesome Toyota truck to school, which, oh, you better believe impressed the guys.
3. DID YOU PASS YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE TEST YOUR FIRST TRY? Yes. In a huge old maroon stationwagon. That I had to parallel park in. Not my finest moment, but I passed. I also passed my driver's license test over in Scotland on my first try. On the wrong side of the road. In downtown Glasgow. Rush hour. And my Scottish driver's license is valid until I'm 70!
4. WERE YOU A PARTY ANIMAL? I loved parties and was usually the one planning them. But they weren't crazy parties--they all had to have themes and such. Hawaiian Party. Black and White Party. Valentine's Pink, Red, and White Party. Jungle Party. Elvis Party. Sticky Spaghetti Party (which actually started out as just Spaghetti Party, but quickly evolved to the Sticky Spaghetti Party shortly after the spaghetti was made). Etc., etc., etc. Plus just parties where all my friends came over to watch videos or Saturday Night Live.
5. WERE YOU CONSIDERED A FLIRT? Me? :)
6. WERE YOU IN BAND, ORCHESTRA, OR CHOIR? I played the piano in the Jr. High Stage Band, but not in High School. I played the piano for our musical my Jr. year. And I had to sing a solo in the musical my Senior year. I don't know--do those count?
7. WERE YOU A NERD? Oh heavens, no. I was awesome. The rest of my family got the nerd genes. Oh, you guys all know that I use "nerd" as a term of endearment. Plus they were awesome nerds.
8. WERE YOU ON ANY VARSITY TEAMS? Just the Varsity Awesome Team. And the Varsity Drama Team. And the Varsity Yearbook Staff. The rest of my family got the sports genes, too. Well, I liked sports, I just had a bunch of other things going on.
9. DID YOU EVER GET SUSPENDED/EXPELLED? Nope. They can't expel you for Awesomeness.
10. CAN YOU STILL SING THE FIGHT SONG? Hooray for Granger! Hooray for Granger! Someone in the crowd is blah blah Hooray for Granger! 1,2,3,4 who we gonna blah blah for? Granger Lancers! Hooray for Granger! Hooray for Granger! Someone in the crowd is blah blah Hooray for Granger! 5,6,7,8 who is gonna take State (???) Granger Lancers!
11. WHO WERE YOUR FAVORITE TEACHERS? Mr. Crooks was my Jr. English teacher. He cracked me up constantly. Brenda Park was my drama teacher, as well as a really, really good friend. Mrs. Sargent was my Accolade/Creative Writing Teacher who wrote in swirly handwriting and gave us smelly stickers. Plus let us get away with a lot of stuff. Mr. Clark was my physiology teacher who caught me when I almost fainted while watching a video of an open heart surgery. Bro. Swain was my Seminary teacher and we loved to decorate his yard with paper tulips and messages stuck on plastic forks into his yard. I had a lot of great teachers.
12. WHERE DID YOU SIT FOR LUNCH? In the cafeteria (when I wasn't over at McDonalds or Little Caesar's Pizza). My friends and I would always try to find someone sitting alone and go sit by them. I made some good friends that way.
13. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S FULL NAME? Granger High School
14. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S MASCOT AND COLORS? Lancer, Red, Blue, and Grey
15. DID YOU GO TO HOMECOMING AND WITH WHO? Yes--trying to think....what were their names......? I guess not worth remembering.
16. IF YOU COULD GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN WOULD YOU? I loved high school. I love the memories from high school and had a lot of fun. I don't know that I'd go back and do it again--because homework and stuff. I do get homesick for my high school friends and hanging out with them daily, though.
17. WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST ABOUT GRADUATION? I remember I wrote the program for it. And I played the piano for part of it. And my best friend and I worked it out so that we could walk across the stage and down at the same time.
18. DID YOU DATE SOMEONE FROM YOUR SCHOOL? "Date someone" as in "boyfriend-y like?" Yup. A few someones.
19. WERE YOU IN ANY CLUBS? I was in the Drama Club, the Yearbook Staff, the Accolade (Creative Writing magazine) Staff, the National Honor Society, uhhhhh...I think that's it. Maybe another one I've forgotten.
20. HAVE YOU GAINED SOME WEIGHT SINCE THEN? I gained a little weight with each of my three kids, but then lost all of it but about 5-8 pounds. It is my GOAL to lose those darn 5-8 pounds one of these days.
21. ARE YOU PLANNING ON GOING TO YOUR 10 YEAR REUNION? Uhhhhh.....a little too late for that.

2 comments:

Bonnie the Boss said...

Great post, your awesomeness!

Becka Thomas said...

Dave- "At least I wasn't a drama geek!"