Friday, October 17, 2008

Are you sure that's what you meant to say?

So I was at the local fabric/craft store a few days ago and ran into my neighbor. She's very sweet and I really like her but we had this conversation that made me laugh...after a minute. We were talking about our kids' Halloween costumes, which led into this:

Her: So what are YOU going to be for Halloween?
Me: I can't decide. I think I'm going to be either Mary Poppins or Daphne from Scooby-Doo.
Her: Oh! Daphne! That's a good idea--you look a lot like her.
Me: (All flattered because Daphne is tall, skinny, and a cartoon babe) Thanks--I've already got a long, orange wig....
Her: Oh, wait. Is Daphne the one with the orange hair? Oh, I meant the other one. What's her name?

Me: Velma? VELMA? You think I look like Velma???? Ummmm....thanks, I guess.

So instead of looking like this:

















Apparently I look like this:




5 comments:

Kristina said...

I'm sure she just meant your hair color looks like Velma's. :)

Anonymous said...

How RUDE!!! Te he he! DId you ask her if she was going as a witch!?! :)

I DO NOT think you look like velma at all! :)

April said...

You don't look anything like Velma. And my vote is Daphne. Definitely Daphne!

Becka Thomas said...

Perhaps she what she meant was that you look really good in orange. I think it is because it is a fall color and you brighten up so much around the fall.

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

Velma is the smart one! The one with the answers to the greatest mysteries of our time! A sense of humor, and way ahead of her time with those glasses.
Ditzy redhead.....has nothin on Velma!