I love finding out what hidden talents my kids have. It's so exciting to me as a mom to see these talents make an appearance when I had no idea they even existed. One example being Sassy's keen footwear fashion sense, as I posted a few weeks back. Today, I found yet another talent of Sassy's that she can rush to my aid with should the need ever arise. That would be the talent of knowing just what to pack for any occasion.
Let me explain. She found a brown purse a few days ago and it's accompanied her everywhere since. I picked it up today to put a little doll in it. (Okay, I'll be honest with you. I was cleaning up and didn't want to take the doll aaaaaaaallllll the way down to the playroom so I thought I'd hide it in her purse and it would at least be out of my sight.)
Her response?
"Noooooo, Mom! My purse has all my important stuff to take with me to the jungle." I actually wasn't aware of this planned trip to the jungle, but I was intrigued, so I asked, "What important stuff do you need to take with you to the jungle?" What she replied was a very impressive and obviously well-thought-out list:
"Money, my green book with my pictures of Jesus in it, and a rock."
Well, I'm not sure what she was planning on doing with the money and the green picture book, but it's very clear that my child's intelligence exceeds her 5 year old age. Obviously only a genius would realize the need for a rock on a trip to the jungle. Yes, that's a handy talent. I find comfort knowing that if I should ever need to go on a trip to, well, the jungle for example, my Sassy will make sure I have all the important things included in my bag.
1 comment:
Ask her if she will pack me a bag too. I want to go to the jungle!
So cute.
Post a Comment