Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Why A White Chocolate Nativity Set Is A Bad Idea


It's time to tell the story of the White Chocolate Nativity Set.

When Smarty and Silly were 3 and 2 years old, some neighbors gave us a white chocolate Nativity set for Christmas. It was really nice of them. While I don't like milk or dark chocolate, I'm okay with white chocolate as long as I don't get too much of it. Plus it was a really pretty white chocolate Nativity set with each piece perfectly molded in all their white chocolatey goodness.

What better gift than something that you can admire for a bit and then eat?

After a day or two, I decided enough looking--it was time to eat the Nativity set. Since I have that stringent rule of not getting too much white chocolate at a time, I ate it slowly. One day I started eating the sheep. The next day it was the donkey. Angels--yummy. Camel--delicious. Then on to the shepherds and the wisemen. The day came when I had to eat the white chocolate Joseph. I admit I paused for a second. But then ate him without too much trouble. The next day it was the white chocolate Mary. This took me a bit longer as the thought of eating a white chocolate Mary was a bit daunting. Finally I convinced myself it was just white chocolate and ate it.

The next day, however, all that was left was the white chocolate Baby Jesus.

I couldn't do it.

How do you eat a white chocolate Baby Jesus without feeling bad?

So I left it on the kitchen counter where I could see it, hoping that I could work up enough nerve to eat it. Every time I walked past it, I looked at it. Calling to me. Begging me to eat it.

Well, it turns out that my 2 year old Silly didn't have the same difficulties eating a white chocolate Baby Jesus as I did because as soon as he noticed it, it was gone.

6 comments:

Bonnie the Boss said...

Interesting idea, Never seen one made out of Chocolate.
How are you? Are you ready for the holiday?

Kristina said...

I would also have a problem with eating a baby Jesus-chocolate or other. That's kind of funny that someone thought "Hey, let's make a chocolate nativity."

Solana said...

I probably would have melted it all in the microwave (so I couldn't watch) then I would have had a great time eating it. No guilt. Ooooh, guiltless chocolate. hahaha

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you wouldn't have to worry about storing it! :)

Siope L Kinikini said...

Uh, not to sound sacriligious but we (and most of Christendom) eat his flesh during communion.
I vote though that we use white chocolate from now though. lol.
Hilarious.