#7 Bagpipes playing "Scotland the Brave".There's just something about hearing the bagpipes play "Scotland the Brave" that touches me every time.
One day, we got off of the bus in this wee village and right there in the town square was a pipe and drums band performing, which I never saw the rest of the time I was in Scotland, so I'm assuming it doesn't happen too often. We sat down and listened to them for a little bit. It was really neat.
And if you ever go to Scotland and don't mind sharing the country with the whole rest of the world being there at the same time, you MUST go to the Edinburgh Tattoo. It's concert held in August in the courtyard of Edinburgh Castle with a mass gathering of pipe and drum bands, as well as other bands that are invited from around the world. I was lucky enough to be able to go to it while I was over there and it was awesome. Literally.
No comments:
Post a Comment