Friday, May 29, 2009

#11--Things I'm excited for on my UK trip.

#11. Scotch mist.

It rains in Scotland. And rains. And rains. And rains. Which is why the country is so green and beautiful. My first area that I lived in was Glasgow, which is on the west coast. I was there from November to February and oh my word--that place had the most awesome rain and windstorms! I remember walking along and the rain was bucketing down and the wind was blowing the rain at me from all directions and I was wondering why I even bothered with an umbrella.

And then after a few days of this, my umbrella broke. Then I bought a new umbrella. Then a few days later, it broke. Then I bought a new umbrella. Then a few days later, it broke. Then I decided that there really wasn't any point for me to have an umbrella when I was totally getting drenched anyway and so I went the rest of my time over there without an umbrella.

So while I hope that we have mostly sunny days when we go over (an unrealistic hope, I know), I would LOVE to have a day of Scotch mist. This was my absolutely favorite kind of rain. It looked just like fog. When you were out in it, the world was so peaceful and the air was just slightly damp. It didn't even feel like a rainstorm at all, but when you got to your destination a few minutes later, you discovered you were totally soaked.

No comments: