Thursday, January 8, 2009

Rock On!

Okay, I've been having way too much fun with our Christmas present--Rock Band. Way too much fun. For those of you out there who haven't played Rock Band yet. You have to. You do. You are missing out of hours of way too much fun if you don't.

We have a pretty good thing going, too. Our band, The Opposible Thumbs, consists of Mighty M rockin' out on guitar, Smarty keepin' time with the drums, Silly doin' his thang on the bass, me singing (I know--don't laugh--I'm WAY good!), and Sassy either on her jingly thing we bought at the dollar store (check out that Dollar Store saving the day yet again) or her triangle. I'm so proud to say that we've unlocked almost all of the 80 songs because of our incredible band awesomeness. Our all-time fave songs to rock out on are: Kids in America (thanks to the Jonas Bros.), Eye of the Tiger (Yo Adrian!), Mr. Brightside (downloaded), White Wedding (okay, that one's really just my fave) and I'd list more songs, but I have to get back to playing. So I'll just leave you with a few quotes from our Rock Band Jams:

Me: Oh crap! (When I was playing guitar for White Wedding)

Me: Oh crap! (When I was playing guitar for Round and Round)

Me: Oh crap! (When I was playing guitar for Mr. Brightside)

Smarty: Mom, will you stop saying "Oh crap!"?

Me: I have a new-found appreciation for rap (after making it all the way through a Beastie Boys song)

Mighty M: I have a new-found appreciation for Ratt (after playing Round and Round on the guitar)

Me: (after playing Bon Jovi's Livin' on a Prayer) That was awesome! Let's do that one again! (You have to realize how much I don't like Bon Jovi to appreciate that one)

Mighty M: Hey, do you want to play Rock Band?
Me: It's 11:30 at night--the kids are in bed. Wooooohooooo! Heck yeah, it's Rock Band!

Okay. 'Nuff talkin'. Gotta get back to Rockin'!

3 comments:

Bonnie the Boss said...

Sounds like so much fun! I can't believe you messe up on the Billy Idol song. Shame on you.Theis should take you to my new blog address.

Becka Thomas said...

I can't say enough about Rock Band. I honestly have not had that much fun in years. I will say that I have never been so horse in my whole life.

Kristina said...

You better not get sick of it before I get up there because I'm way excited to play.

Also, I found this AMAZING crafty blog that you have to check out. http://dontlooknow.typepad.com/dont_look_now/

This lady does the most incredible applique and quilting stuff. I want to try appliqueing on a very small project to see if I can make something even close to what she does.