Friday, January 30, 2009

25 things about me tag from facebook

I got tagged a bunch of times on facebook with the "25 Things About Me" thingie. I finally got it done so I thought I'd put it on here, too. 'Cause it's all about me.

My twenty five awesome things...

1. I started writing this list about 8 times before I finally finished it. I kept getting distracted by other things.

2. I get distracted very easily.

3. I'm addicted to french fries.

4. I'm addicted to Hobnobs.

5. I'm addicted to Slurpees.

6. I'm addicted to pizza.

7. I'm addicted to Reeses Peanut Butter Cups

8. I have no willpower.

9. I love watching old movies, especially ones around the Audrey Hepburn-Cary Grant-Marilyn Monroe-
Gregory Peck-era.

10. I like pens that write with different colors (other than blue and black). It's only worth writing something down if you have a pretty pen with pretty colors to write with.

11. For the past two summers I've held an Acting Camp in my garage for about twenty 8-12 year-old neighborhood kids. We met for 2 hours a day for two weeks, they made their own scenery, designed their own costumes, and we put on a play for the neighborhood on the last day. No, I didn't get paid. Yes, I am slightly crazy. I'm also afraid the neighborhood kids think it's a tradition now.

12. I really like Lifesavers candy--especially wild cherry ones. Not quite to the point of addiction, though. When I was on a mission in Scotland, I was missing my Lifesavers, as they were nowhere to be found over there. So I wrote to everyone I knew back in the States and asked them to send me a few Lifesavers. I figured a few of them would send me some and I'd be happy. It turned out that almost everyone I wrote to sent me some and I ended up with about 50 packages of Lifesavers. And I was very happy.

13. I'm addicted to Rock Band.

14. I lost the baby weight from my youngest kid by doing a strict regiment of Cardio-hula. Yes, Hawaiian hula. No, not Cardio-hula-hoop. I lost the weight plus I learned to hula in one nice little package. I think I might've gained it all back this past month from not being able to do anything due to the surgery I had a few weeks ago, though. So as soon as I can, I'm going to start on my next strict regiment--Irish Riverdancing. Seriously. Have you seen how awesome those girls' legs looks? I'm totally going to try it. That's totally gonna be me.

15. I HATE having the hiccups. I hate it. My husband just pointed out that he never gets the hiccups. Seriously--he never does now that I think about it. I just told him that it's totally his Super-Hero Power.

16. My Super-Hero Power is Lightning Fast Mood Swings.

17. I love fog. And snowstorms. And rain/thunderstorms. As long as I'm not out in them, I love them. I'm not so fond of the lightning storms, however, when I am caught outside in them. Lightning is actually a huge fear of mine, especially when they sneak up on me and I'm, oh, say, hiking to Donut Falls...

18. I'm also scared of balloons being blown up too much and/or popping, being in water I can't touch, and opening those pressurized tubes of biscuits.

19. I can say the alphabet backward really fast. Until I get to "j". I can also list the 50 states in alphabetical order really fast. Until I get to Minnesota. Then I can pick it up again from Nebraska to Oregon. Then I just give up.

20. I love to garden if it's a flower garden. I hate doing vegetable gardens, yet I still grow one every year out of guilt. Last summer I actually called it my "Guilt Garden". My son came home from scouts last year and told me that if you plant marigolds around your veggie garden, it keeps away a lot of the bugs. So I planted marigolds around two sides of my garden, which immediately made me more interested my veggie garden than I've ever been because it was suddenly pretty. Except then I spent more time taking care of the marigolds than the veggies.

Oh, and a side note: Three zucchini plants is way too many to plant for a family that only sort of likes zucchini.

21. My neighbor just barely brought over some of the yummiest cinnamon rolls to help me feel better from my surgery. Which was so sweet of her and reminded me, yet again, that I need to be better at doing stuff like that. Making cinnamon rolls AND doing nice things for others.

22. I really like Billy Idol and have liked him since the Awesome 80s. There is a Billy Idol Rule that was made up way back in high school that if a Billy Idol song comes on the radio, you immediately have to 1. Roll down the car windows. 2. Turn up the stereo as loud as you can. 3. Sing along as loud as possible. No matter what the weather is. Yes, even in a blinding snowstorm, which has been known to happen. And yes, we still follow this rule, even if I'm driving by myself in my mini-van.

23. I really, really, really like quilts. Especially when they're keeping me warm. Or even just looking pretty on my bed. And --okay, those of you who knew me in high school/college cannot laugh-- I've even made two quilts. I really have! I promise! Okay, by "I've made" I really mean "I pieced together the tops and then got distracted for 4 years and let them sit until I was pregnant with my last daughter, at which time my sweet grandma felt sorry for me and finished the rest of both quilts for me. With the stitching even--not just the tying." But still. I made the top of them. That totally counts.

24. I like putting together parties, talent shows, 80s dance parties, family reunions, more parties, Amazing Races for my family, spontaneous rock concerts (lip syncs) on our back deck, and well, pretty much any kind of party that holds my interest--I'm there planning it. I just like to have fun.

25. I totally can't believe I made it all the way to #25 this time. Let's see if I can get this typed up and posted before I get distracted. Oh, but first I have to play a little Rock Band...

26. I can't count, so if the numbers don't match up, this is my Counting Disclaimer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re: #7 You'd better give the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups up for a while, unless you have a death wish or love your bathroom a lot (think Salmonella).

Re: #23 I distinctly remember working on those 2 quilts and I am definitely not your grandma. Apologize immediately or I'll repossess them!!! :)