Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Sound of My Nonsense and Rambling.

I've been trying to think of some interesting things to write on here for the past few days.

I got nuthin'.

So here's a bunch of nonsense from our corner of the world:

I watched part of "Mary Poppins" with the kids and was reminded of how actually funny it is.

I watched part of "Sound of Music" with the kids. It's still one of my favorites. I'm actually making Mighty M watch the "Edelweiss" part now where Captain Von Trapp sings with Liesl. Mighty M just told me that "Sound of Music" is 45 years old now. And okay, we just looked this up: Christopher Plummer was 36 when he made that movie. Ummmm...I can't even comment on that. I swear he was way older.

It rained all day today.

I made an Easter dress for Sassy and a matching skirt for Smarty. I also made Silly a matching bowtie so he wouldn't feel left out. With his glasses and bowtie, he looked like an old fashioned college professor.

I went to the dentist yesterday and for the rest of the day I felt like my teeth had the flu.

No, Captain! Don't marry the Baroness! She'll send all seven of the kids to Boarding School! Marry Maria and then you can all sing together!

Snore......back at the convent......"Climb Every... Mount..... ain.... zzzzzzzzzzzz..." Oh, sorry.

She's back! Maria's back from the convent! She's singing with the children again! Oh, the Baroness is so not happy with that.

Okay. Obviously I'd better go watch the rest of this movie. Every time we watched it when we were younger my mom would ask if the Von Trapps made it to Switzerland this time. I'd better watch the end and find out if they did this time, too. Because it just might be the time they don't and I'll miss it.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

The Sound of Music is one of my favorite movies, too, but I can't stop myself from fast-forwarding past the convent parts. :) And did you know that the Von Trapps didn't actually walk to Switzerland? They took a train. But it makes sense if you look at a map because Salzburg is far away from Switzerland.

4kidsandcrazy said...

Two of my favorite all time movies are Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music. Good taste in movies my friend!