Friday, February 4, 2011

Walking Across America So We Can Eat All The Cupcakes We Want To




My family likes to play sports and healthy stuff. We also like to watch tv and eat cupcakes and not-so-healthy stuff. So I came up with a little exercise program that I like to call "Walking Across America So We Can Eat All The Cupcakes We Want To." Yeah, I know. It's a pretty clever title.

What it entails is: I posted a map of the US on our fridge with the route we're going to take all highlighted in a pretty yellow color. Starting in Boston, we'll count off all the miles we walk or run all the way to San Diego. Treadmill, PE miles, walking around the block--it all counts. We're not picky. Maybe I'll make a cute little running guy to go on the map so we can see where we are. Or something.


So our first chunk will be from Boston to New York City which = a distance of 219 miles according to Google Maps. If it's really more, I don't want to know. The internet is, of course, the source of all wisdom and knowledge and would never lie. I figure if we take little bite sized chunks of the US, it won't seem so overwhelming. And I think we'll maybe learn a little bit about the city we're in at the time. Or something.

In addition to this exercise program, I also plan on making a lot of cupcakes. Starting with the new Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake recipe I have. Mmmmm....Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes...
.

No comments: